Topic: SABRE - Semi-auto, but really easy

Re: SABRE - Semi-auto, but really easy

Sounds like a cool project that nerfers will welcome.  If I'm picturing it correctly, why not cut a viewing window out of the latex tube's container to see how full it is?

That's a possibility. I need to see if that can be done in a way that will not contribute to the wear of the tube or make the system unsafe if the tube pops.

Or simply use clear PVC/Polycarb/Butyrate, etc.  How wide will that tubing expand to without bursting?  1.5" OD clear vinyl tubing is cheap, and fits tightly in to 1.5" Sch40 PVC.  You may be able to simply line the outer tube with it and have an edge-free window.

Last edited by Draconis (2011-06-10 20:04:28)

Last edited by PVC Arsenal 17 (2011-06-11 04:21:16)

Oh, the PET bottle section would be perfect.  Just glue it in to place.

I've changed the design a bit.

The pump will be on the bottom. I'm going to make a homemade pump from 1" PVC and with a 1-1/4" PVC handle that tracks over the 1" PVC. The 1" PVC will be both structural and functional. A clear 2.5" ID PETG tube will house the latex tubing.

Hopefully I'll have some time during the coming weekend to work on this.

The current plan is to buy all the parts I think I'll need this week and tinker with them on the weekend. With luck, I'll have a working gun.

I now have two wyes, courtesy of Split.

I'm changing the design to have a long chopper.

Everything else should be about the same. I'm shooting for 10 semi-auto shots with at least 70 feet of range.